Help: Using AgFx For A Simple Text File Download?

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:36 AM

Hey,

Is there a really simple way to use this framework on Windows Phone 7? The Tutorial for it is quite confusing to me as I don't need fancy things like ViewModels for what I want to do.

All I want to do is use the AgFx Framework to download the contents of a text file from a web server and save it to a string. I've tried to do this using HTTPWebRequest & WebClient, but there are issues with caching that cause these two commands to download the data the first time, but any subsequent tries just return the same data (even though I KNOW the data in the text file has changed).

So my hope is to use the AgFx framework to simply download the contents of a text file from a web server (no fancy parameters to return subsets of data into collections and no ViewModels etc that are used in the tutorials), with the cache settings set to ALWAYS IGNORE the cache, so it always downloads a fresh copy and then save that into a simple string.

Can anyone help me with this?

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2011 at 2:02 AM

Hi -

If you're just trying to download a file, AgFx isn't for you.

You're likely running into client-side WININET caching (which is different than AgFx caching).

There's an easy workaround for this, see more information here.

Shawn