Hi Folks -
I would like to make AgFx a more open source project. The usage trends are clearly picking up and there are lots of folks using AgFx and even more making great suggestions on where to take it. My goals are typical OSS:
1) Faster turn arounds on fixes and issues
2) Be able to take code fixes and enhancement from users
3) Move towards supporting AgFx on more platforms (e.g. Win8, maybe others)
4) Have a more natural environment for code flow.
5) Allow users to make and maintain private fixes while still being able to stay up to date with other project changes.
I've been a CodePlex fan since it started...well technically before it started. :) CodePlex has been a great platform for many projects and you can't beat the VS integrations. But it doesn't do a great job supporting collaborative development
natively, even with the Mercurial support.
Recently, I've been spending a lot more time with GitHub and it handles all of the above really nicely. It's easy to learn, easy to install, and most of all immediately lets any of you start to participate in the success of the project.
So my current plan is to migrate this project over to my GitHub account.
I would appreciate any supportive statements, screams of pain, at this time.