This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Using AgFx for Caching with the Mvvm Light Framework

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I've been trying to find a way to use both of these together in a single project for over a week now but haven't had any luck. Thought I should check here and ask if anyone has been able to use AgFx for caching while using Mvvm Light as the MVVM framework in a project?

Any help or tips would be really welcomed.

Coordinator
Aug 21, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Hi - can you give some more details about exactly what you're trying to do and what's not working?

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:28 AM

You should have no trouble with that, i use it with in 2 projects with no worries.

I use agfx for data respository context, and the view model that binds to the views is a normal mvvm light view model. 

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I am using MVVM Light framework and following are some issues:

1) In MVVM Light, viewmodels derive from ViewModelBase while AgFx requires viewmodels to derive from ModelItemBase<T>. How can I keep my viewmodels intact i.e. deriving from ViewModelBase and still integrate support for AgFx? A working example would really help out here.

2) @ruiespinho suggested to use AgFx for data repository context keeping the viewmodels intact but how the communication will flow between view > viewmodel > datarepository and backwards?

I'm fairly new to AgFx so expect answers for above even though above questions are naive. Please help.